Welcome to Cytomark - distributed exclusively in the UK by Caltag Medsystems
Cytomark is a manufacturer of high quality reagents for Flow Cytometry. Their product portfolio includes:
- TransFix® – Cellular Antigen Stabilisation Reagent Range
- CD4 Blood Controls for Flow Cytometry
TransFix® - A Cellular Antigen Stabilisation reagent.
TransFix is a patented, CE marked stabilisation solution that prevents cellular degradation in human and animal blood for analytical testing purposes.
TransFix is validated for the stabilisation of whole blood for flow cytometric analysis. The active components of TransFix stabilise leukocytes and leukocytic antigens for up to 10 days at sample storage temperatures of between 2-25°C and for 4 days at temperatures between 25-37°C.
TransFix is added to whole blood samples at the time of venepuncture, immediately stabilising the cells for up to 10 days. This provides flexibility with testing and reduces the impact of unexpected staff shortages or machine breakdown in laboratory settings. The extended storage time also allows samples to be transportated to/from remote sites, reduction in repeat testing and the ability to batch samples for testing. These benefits all have the potential to reduce costs for the laboratory.
TransFix® can be used in the following applications:
TransFix is available in several formats (CE unless stated), including:
- TransFix/EDTA Vacuum Blood Collection Tubes
- TransFix Sample Storage Tubes
- TransFix/EDTA CSF Sample Storage Tubes (RUO)
- TransFix in bulk format
TransFix is CE marked but can also be used for research purposes.
The Benefits of TransFix®:
- Stabilises cell surface antigens for a minimum of 10 days at 2-25°C and for 4 days at 37°C
- Easy to use, just add TransFix and mix by inversion
- Ensures sample integrity during transportation between clinical sites
- Eliminates the need for weekend and evening work
- Reduces the impact of unexpected machine breakdown or staff shortages
- Allows for repeat testing of samples without the need for patient recall and repeat phlebotomy
- Greater efficiency in testing – allows for batching of samples prior to testing
- Reduction in costs associated with the above advantages
Blood Controls for Flow Cytometry - Vital Tools In Evaluating Many Human Immunodeficiencies.
The enumeration of CD4+ T cells in human blood by flow cytometry provides a vital tool when evaluating human immunodeficiencies.
Cytomark CD4 Blood Controls are designed to contain normal (CD4 Normal Blood Control) or low (CD4 Low Blood Control) levels of CD4+ T cells in whole blood, whilst maintaining a normal whole blood forward/side scatter profile in flow cytometry.
The CD4 Normal Blood Control contains CD4+ T cells in the normal range (410-1590 cells/µl) and the CD4 Low Blood Control contains CD4+ T cells in a low range (200-300 cells/µl). These controls can be purchased separately or as a pair.
The Blood Controls are intended as daily run controls to ensure that sample processing, equipment and operators are all performing optimally thereby providing quality assurance in immune monitoring of patients. They should be processed in the same manner as the patient samples.
Using Blood Controls - Typical Lymphocytic Profile for CD4 Normal Blood Control:
Benefits of CD4 Blood Controls
- Available in two formats, CD4 Low and CD4 Normal
- Verification of monoclonal antibody and FACS reagents
- Validation of flow cytometer performance
- Validation of operator technique
- Verification of red blood cell lysis
Visit the Cytomark website for further information, including applications and technology and preparation: www.cytomark.co.uk.
If you are having difficulty downloading product data or require further information, please contact us.