South Bay Bio
South Bay Bio is a Platform Technology Company specialising in Bioassays, Enzymes and Advanced TR-FRET Technology. With increasing interest in Ubiquitin Proteasome System (UPS)-targeted drug development, the need for cutting edge and effective technologies grows.
South Bay Bio provide expertise in the Ubiquitin Proteosome System, bringing Immuno-proteosomes, TR-FRET kits, Ubiquitin Conjugation and Deconjugation proteins, and several services to the market.
20S Immunoproteasomes - Highly active protein complex that has been purified from human peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC). It is recognised as a strong drug target for autoimmune disease and cancer.
20S Proteasomes - Highly active protein complex that has been purified from human red blood cells (RBC). The Human 20S proteasome is able to proteolytically degrade substrates in an ATP-independent manner.
South Bay Bio also supply labelled substrates which can be hydrolysed by the Proteasomes and is monitored by observing fluorescence at an Excitation wavelength of 345nm and Emission at 445nm.
- Europium-Cryptate Ubiquitin - Highly purified recombinant protein site-specifically labelled with a single Europium Cryptate moiety.
- 100x TRF-Ubiquitin Mix - Mixture of Europium Cryptate Ubiquitin, Cy5-Ubiquitin and wild-type Ubiquitin combined in a ratio optimised for TR-FRET.
Acceptors: Highly purified recombinant proteins, which has been labelled with a single moiety at a specific site that keeps all lysine's within the protein available and has a fully functional C-terminus.
- TR-FRET Kits: These kits use ubiquitin labelled with either Europium-Cryptate or Cyanine5 as FRET pair donor and acceptor fluorophores respectively, completely eliminating the need for antibody based detection setups.
Ubiquitin Conjugation and Deconjugation
The ubiquitin conjugation system is hierarchically structured in three distinct classes of enzymes; i) ubiquitin activating enzyme (E1), ii) ubiquitin conjugating enzyme (E2), and iii) ubiquitin ligases (E3). Only one E1 ubiquitin activating enzyme exists highlighting its essential function. E2 conjugating enzymes are more abundant with about 35-40 discovered and characterized to date and E3 ligases represent the largest class of enzymes to date with more than 700 annotated.
Deconjugating enzymes (DUBs) catalyse the deconjugation of ubiquitin from substrate proteins. This reverses the conjugation cascade, affecting critical events in the cell proteome such as protein degradation through the proteasome.
UB Derivatives - Ubiquitin is a 76-amino acid post-translational modifier expressed throughout all tissues in eukaryotic organisms. The many roles of ubiquitin modification include proteasomal degradation, signal transduction, inflammatory response, and DNA damage repair.
- SUMO1/SUMO2-Rhodamine 110 - the SUMO substrates are C-terminally derivatised with a fluorophore which remains quenched until the amide bond between the C-terminal glycine and the compound is hydrolysed.
- ISG15 and NEDD8 Rhodamine 110 - These products consists of a full-length, mature polypeptides recombinantly expressed in E.coli, conjugated on its c-terminus to a quenched Rhodamine110 dye.
South bay Bio's aim is to aid in drug development and discovery research for pharmaceutical companies, academia and biotech firms engaging in R&D. All of their products are available in bulk, in addition to the sizes listed.
If you require further information about South Bay Bio, please do not hesitate to contact Caltag Medsystems by email, contact us, or call +44 (0)1280 827460.